CONNECTICUT ASSOCIATION OF WATER POLLUTION CONTROL AUTHORITIES
2020-2021 PRESIDENTIAL EXCELLENCE AWARD RECIPIENT
Robbie holds Master’s Degrees in both Community Psychology and Library Science. She attended numerous water treatment and other environmental classes and holds certificates from the CT DPH and the University of Rhode Island.
She is currently Assistant Director at Brainerd Memorial Library in Haddam after recently retiring as Coordinator for the Old Saybrook Water Pollution Control Authority (OSWPCA). During her 17 years with the OSWPCA she:
- Worked to foster approval and passage of a Town referendum for the $42 million onsite Wastewater Management District (WWMD) program.
- Developed and coordinated implementation of the WWMD policies and procedures of septic system upgrades for over 1900 properties.
- Helped manage the CT Clean Water Fund and other grants.
- Was the webmaster for the OSWPCA website.
- Developed materials and educational programs for addressing polluted stormwater runoff and other green initiatives.
- Enjoyed 10 years on the CAWPCA Board of Directors!
Robbie is an original Board Member of the CAWPCA and has been a consistent voice representing not only Old Saybrook but the interests of small coastal WPCAs dealing with the challenges of onsite subsurface waste disposal. Due to her dedicated history and commitment to protecting our public health and the environment, and involvement in the founding of CAWPCA, we award Robbie the CAWPCA Presidential Excellence Award.
Congratulations, Robbie! We appreciate all that you have done for our organization.